With the evolution of humanity, traveling has changed vastly over time. Reasons varying from recreation to business trips, a family get-together to adventurous purpose, traveling has not remained just as a means of communication. Most people possess traveling as their hobby list and have some beautiful destinations across the globe in their bucket list. The change in people’s attitude towards traveling has been complemented by the development of vehicles with various standards. People who don’t have their cars or in some instances, when it is not possible to use their cars intend to complete their journey with rented vehicles of their personal choices. Which vehicle gets hired depends drastically on occasion, purpose to be served, the number of people traveling and expenses. This idea brings with it the concept of “Taxi business,” which, presently, employs a large proportion of the population in every country, in the world. Whether the owner himself drives the vehicle or has appointed any other third person to do the job, varies accordingly.
Taxi business, though, is widespread across the whole world evenly, has emerged as the primary source of income at tourist places mainly. Some tourist places attract seasonal tourists whereas others make it happen for the entire year.
Things one should keep in mind:
Cars that we require for a business purpose must have some key features, which may be unavailable for cars we buy for our personal use. Apart from fuel consumption, maintenance cost, price, and terrain, some significant aspects need to be taken care of before buying a car for taxi business.
§ Space: A vehicle with a considerable amount of space for feet and luggage of the passengers is a must for business cars as the passengers will want to sit comfortably. If there is no space or passenger don’t enjoy the journey, they will think a hundred times before booking you again, or maybe they will never book you again.
§ Five Doors: The cars which are to be used for taxi business, are expected to have five doors in them so that the passengers can move in and out of the vehicle quickly and easily. Passengers don’t like high seats that they require to climb. So, this feature should be kept in mind and positively avoided.
§ Fuel efficiency: Fuel efficiency is a crucial point to be held in mind when we are choosing a car for public transport. One never wants to refill the tank of car multiple numbers of times, and for this, you need a vehicle with high fuel efficiency, which will definitely reduce the cost of tax responsible for emission.
§ Boot Space: Space for the passengers’ luggage in a taxi is a factor that is expected by everyone. Moreover, people book taxis with a lot of baggage, wheelchair, and other commodities, and the cab should have space to store them. The driver, as well, needs to save some essential elements for the safety of the vehicle and the passengers such as first aid box or maybe a small sized fire extinguisher.
§ Maintenance: Though buying a new car is the best option; most people opt to purchase used vehicles for the purpose. The thing that should be taken care of is the cost of maintenance should not be so high that at the end there is no or minimal amount of profit earned from the business.
Top 10 in the List:
Keeping the above factors in mind, a list of the top ten best cars, that can be used for taxi business, has been prepared.
1. Skoda Superb: Taking the first position, Skoda Superb exhibits all the features of an Octavia, but lenders more comfortable journey, with complementing luggage space, and passenger seats. This car defines the value for money concept with its large size.
2. Skoda Octavia: Skoda Octavia has remained a huge hit among the taxi drivers for past years, and the credit goes to its economic diesel engine, with ample boot space, and even the company comes up with very competitive and innovative concepts of hiring, that directly point to the hiring market of the private sector.
3. Mercedes V-Class: This car is based on Vito and is perfectly equipped with a huge seating capacity of up to 8 passengers and an enormous boot area, especially when opted for the XL version, while its style adds up to the look.
4. Mercedes E-Class: With proof of having a great life span, Mercedes E-Class has remained the most trusted and best-selling taxi of all time. It offers the drivers with the much-needed comfort, space, reliability, and economy, complementing with hi-tech properties.
5. Ford Galaxy: A seven-seater car, with a spacious boot, Ford Galaxy is perfect of multi-passenger drive, and the bulk and boxy styling complement its look.
6. Audi A8: For VIP travel and executive services of the airport, A8 performs as the best option due to its comfortable ride and huge boot space and provides a more standard way of travel.
7. Ford Mondeo: Economical, composed and more substantial than average space for passengers as well as luggage are the crucial reasons to keep Mondeo in the list. Instead of its competition with SUVs and Crossovers, Mondeo continues to be one of the favorite conventional cabs.
8. Citroen Berlingo Multispace: Excellent fuel efficiency and a considerable amount of space are the two critical features for which Multispace has scored and is present in the list.
9. Volkswagen Passat: It has remained an all-time favorite for its urban-friendly option and capacity.
10. Toyota Prius: The brand name itself defines the reason for its presence in the list. It serves as an essential answer to the cab or Uber drivers driving on a relatively congested city lane. Though the car is minimally sexy, it comes up with the hybrid structure and the ability to run in areas having low emission.
The cars as mentioned above arrive with the most desired elements in a vehicle that has to be opted for taxi business. Depending on the choice, pick up the most suitable one and start to earn with your company!
Useful Article – Affordable Van Hire Tips